Rotaract in Rotary International District 9214 is made up of over 84 clubs with over 1500 members from the whole of Tanzania and part of Uganda, hence the name RID 9214 Tanzania & Uganda.
Rotaract Clubs have traditionally been started and hence sponsored by Rotary Clubs [which usually have the older generation of members], and many Rotary Clubs in a given geographical area are organised into Rotary International Districts (like District 9214 Tanzania & Uganda).
The membership of Rotaract in District 9214 is rather diverse with an almost equal ratio of male to female; we have diversity in professions from teachers, engineers, medical workers, IT specialists, entrepreneurs, students and what have you. The ages of Rotaractors are also rather uniformly represented, with Students ranging from 18 to 23 years while the young professionals ranging from 22 years onwards.
The ROTaract norms
Let’s toast to his excellence the president of the republic of uganda
For what we are about to receive, may the good Lord make us truly thankful and ever mindful of the needs of others.
The 4-Way Test:
Of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
- FIRST: To develop professional and leadership skills;
- SECOND: To emphasize respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity for all useful occupations;
- THIRD: To provide opportunity for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world;
- FOURTH: To provide opportunity for working in cooperation with sponsoring Rotary Clubs;
- FIFTH: To motivate young people for eventual membership into Rotary.